Designated a Grand Cru since 1937, this wine was already well-known in the 15th century when the King of France added Corton wines to his personal cellars. Upon the death of Charles le Téméraire, the final duke of Burgundy, this parcel of vines passed into the hands of the royal winemakers and therefore became Corton "Clos du Roi" (plot (of land) of the king). With a perfect easterly exposure on the hill of Corton, the Latour vines are worked in the traditional way. Harsh pruning permits later harvests and also insures that a good level of ripeness and richness is achieved in the grapes. This wine has fantastic ageing capacity.