Laphroaig Quarter Cask Islay Scotch
Laphroaig Quarter Cask offers an irresistible doubling of flavor, due to the double maturation in two barrels made of American oak. Still-maturing whisky from standard ex-bourbon barrels is transferred to quarter casks and left to rest in Laphroaig's warehouse just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic shore. Matured in smaller casks for increased contact with the oak, this whisky brings the classic smokiness of peat with hints of coconut and banana to the nose. Deep, complex, and smoky, yet surprising the palate with a gentle sweetness, finishing long and drying appropriately with smoke and spice. Laphroaig is one of only a few distilleries that still uses traditional malting floors, drying and infusing its own malt with the thick blue smoke from old peat-fired kilns. Enjoy this treasure neat, on the rocks, or with a touch of pure, clean water. Named for the Gaelic "beautiful hollow by the broad bay," Laphroaig® is born in a 200-year-old distillery on the coast of the island of Islay, with unique peat and water from the Kilbride stream.
- The most richly flavored of all Scotch whiskies
- Complex and unique flavor of Laphroaig due to our water, peat, and malted barley
- Smoke and oak sweetness
- Non-chill filtered expression that employs small casks, allowing the maturing spirit 30% more contact with wood. The increased oak influence imparts a special wood character to the spiirt
- Color: sparkling gold Nose: burning embers of peat in a crofter's fireplace, hints of coconut and banana aromas Finish: incredibly long and dry Body: Full Palate: deep, complex and smoky, yet surprises the palate with a gentle sweetness
- Enjoy this treasure neat, on the rocks, or with a touch of pure, clean water.